Please take a few minutes and fill out the following information. Also, included are digital copies of the forms sent home.
Please email the files by close of business today. 5pm
Overview of project
Self-reflection of project
Reflection of your experience in the Architectural design academy at the ARL.
Where are you going in life?..............
Kitchen design contest:
This is a voted contest, the kitchen you design must include, size of the kitchen is 16'x20':
All must be put into a Presentation (PowerPoint or Google Present)
All create a 1 sheet printable 11x17 that has:
Everyone will vote their top 2 kitchen designs
5-1st place (25 Points)
5-2nd place (20 Points)
5-3rd place (15 Points)
No submission = no points and no votes.
Sorry you will be unable to attend class at the ARL today, please take the time to read and complete the following assignments. See you tomorrow! Mr. Walker.
Read the following: LINK
Answer the following questions:
1, What type of foundation do you have?
2. Why do you think your home has that type of foundation?
For the next couple of questions please use a home with a basement in mind.
3. If this home was in Florida what type of foundation do you believe your home would have and why?
4. If you were to change this home to a crawl space, what would it affect? Would your floorplan have to change at all? (washer, dryer, water heater, etc.)
5. Name 3 pros for each of the type of foundations.
6. Name 3 cons for each of the type of foundations.
7. Research a product that would improve the construction of one of the foundation types and explain why it would be positive .
8. Estimate the cost of the following example: Basement: 8' tall wall constructed out of 16"x8"x8" blocks. The dimension of the basement is 40'x24' and each block cost $2.14 what is the cost of the concrete blocks? Do not worry about waste material.
Generate one good cross-section sketch of each of the types of foundations.